When the windows of the car can be opened or shut with the help of buttons, those are known as power windows. Power windows replaced manual handles because they were easier to use and looked smart. Since they are based on machinery, they might stop functioning over a period of time. In such cases, you need to go for power window repair Tulsa services.
Features of Power Windows
Other than just rolling the windows up and down, the power windows come with some unique features because of which they are considered convenient and user-friendly. These features are-
- Automatic Down- Almost all power windows can be pulled down. By just tapping the button, you can bring down a power window. The system makes use of a circuit to monitor the amount of time for which the switch was held down.
- Automatic Up- This is not a very common feature as it has certain complications. The automatic up works just like the automatic down. But there are certain risks with the automatic up. The window doesn’t stop till it reaches the final limit, so it might cause a risk of accidents. The only solution here is to introduce another circuit into the system that monitors the speed at which the window rolls up. If the speed is slowed down, the circuit then reverses the power back to the monitor and the window might go down.
- Power on- The power windows functions only when the ignition of the car is on. But there are some cars that have a courtesy power backup which is offered to the window circuit even if the engine is turned off. If you forget to roll up the windows. You can be saved from the hassle of turning on the car again if the window is halfway open.
Top reasons why your power windows may stop working
- Electrical issues- Inside your car doors there are a bundle of wires, a motor, and mechanics. These things help to power the window. When the wire gets damaged, it can cause problems with the ability of the window to roll up and down. This can be inconvenient and frustrating. You can get in touch with the best power window repair Tulsa service provider to find a solution to this problem.
- The window switch is not working properly- Switches can be one of the reasons for a power window to fail. The switch might suffer from a wiring issue to physical damage. From the constant pull and push on the switch, the button might get damaged. In case this happens to you, it is better to get in touch with an authorized service centre and get the power window fixed.
- When the motor burns out – There is a motor inside the door as mentioned earlier. This motor helps in the movement of the power window. If this motor burns out, your car’s power window won’t work properly. If you want this to be fixed, you might have to contact a professional. Sometimes, the professional might suggest you get the motor replaced because fixing the old motor might not be a feasible solution. Once the operation is done, the professionals remove everything carefully so that there is no mess and the car doesn’t look untidy.
- When the regulator’s arm gets disconnected- the last issue in your power window can be related to the regulator’s arm. This arm is used to control the position of the window. If this regulator gets disconnected from your power window, it will not be possible for you to bring down or pull up the power window. You need to get this issue fixed for the proper functioning of the power window.
Power windows allow fresh air to flood in and also allow you to communicate with someone outside your car. They are also an escape hatch in case there is an emergency. Power windows are monitored by switches and are powered by a battery. As stated earlier, these windows don’t work manually. So, it is natural that power windows can get damaged or something can hinder the functioning of the power window after a point in time. If the window doesn’t roll down or up, you are putting your car’s security and your safety at risk. Broken power windows are a bummer and might get stuck down in hot or cold weather. In case the power windows of your car break down, you need to hire power window repair Tulsa services. The problem can either be with the window motor or the regulator. The actual problem can only be detected by a professional who will analyse the condition of the power window and suggest you a feasible solution. So, always take help from a professional service problem when something wrong happened with your power window.